CNY STEM Scholarship Program
The CNY STEM Scholarship Program was designed in conjunction with Partners for Education & Business (PEB) and the CNY STEM Hub, to support CNY high school seniors who plan to pursue a college degree in a STEM-related field. Residents of Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, and Tompkins counties are eligible to apply and preference is given to those attending a NYS higher education institution. The program is administered by PEB and the CNY STEM Hub.
These scholarships are designed to support the best and brightest students in the Central New York Region in their quest to pursue STEM fields in college. The scholarships are based on applicants' academic achievements and extracurricular activities, as well as the essay and an interview. Each scholarship provides financial assistance in varying amounts and an internship. Applicants can only be awarded one scholarship that includes an internship.
The processing of all applications and supporting documentation will take some time. Successful candidates will be notified in May.
Before starting the scholarship application, please gather the following information:
- Your parent/guardian name, email, and telephone number
- A list of your extracurricular activities, with dates
- A list of any honors/awards, with dates
- Two letters of recommendation
You will be asked to complete an essay in 500 words or less that answers the following questions:
- What makes you tick?
- Why you are choosing a STEM field?
- Why is STEM important to the world?
- How will this scholarship help you become a part of the STEM future?